Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Lessons Learned (11-13-13)


This morning I woke up and I fell on the verge of tears. My heart was racing and my emotions were twisted in every direction. I took a second to stop, step outside of myself, to reflect on the meaning for this unidentified feeling I was experiencing. Suddenly tears began to slowly slide down my cheeks, but these tears were not formed by sadness or weakness, but by love. 

Growing up was not easy for me. The universe has certainly taken me on an extreme roller coaster ride -- and though I didn't understand it at the time, I do now. My struggles are what has made me stronger, my strengths are what held me together, my determination is what pushed me forward and my friends are the ones who mended the wounds I never bothered to heal. I am truly blessed for every road I have traveled, for every mistake I have made and for every lesson I had learned because of it. To find the problem that causes you pain is one thing, to remove yourself from your comfort zone to fix it is another. WE create our better tomorrow and we do that through positive thinking, by reminding ourselves that everything happens for a reason. You may not know the reason for your troubles inside the heat of the fire, but somewhere along this road we call life you will find that reason and be grateful for its scars it may have left.
I am the person I am today because of all of you! I am able to rise up when I am feeling down because of the inspiration shown inside YOUR strength, your love and your encouragement! So today I would like to take the time to thank every one of you who have touched my heart, supported me, believed in me and above all taught me the power behind true friendship. You've all made me a better person in more ways you may ever know and for that I am extremely thankful! <3
^ Photo by Erik Anderson (SB Pixs)

^ Photo by Nuvision at Superhero Scramble Tri-State NJ




No comments:

Post a Comment